For me, the third trimester has been all about survival. Literally, like how the heck am I supposed to survive this for three more months? My sciatic pain has reached a new level, my sleep patterns are all over the place, and I still have a wild toddler who wants to have adventures with her mama. Well, I’ve made it almost to the end, with 4 weeks until little man’s due date and I have rounded up a few of the ways I’ve gotten through what for sure has felt like the hardest trimester so far.
How I’m Getting By
- Frosted Mini Wheats: I have been on a cereal kick this whole pregnancy but this trimester has proven to be the one where I have just gotta have it. In particular its the Frosted Mini Wheats, which I guess it good because it’s full of fiber and not a lot of sugar. It always leaves me feeling full and rarely gives me heartburn so that’s a plus!
- All Birds: These are the best shoes ever invented, I’m sure of it. They are so comfy for my swollen feet and ankles and when we are out and about I need all of the help I can get to stay comfortable. I wore these to our 10 hour day to Disneyland and I’m pretty sure they are 95% of the reason why I made it as long as I did. They are “wool runners” which means they are shoes meant for keeping your feet comfortable. They are super light and allow my feet to breathe. Hooray!
- Smart Water: I am on a kick with specialty water, because it turns out that not all water is created equal. Smart Water has electrolytes added which can help prevent dehydration. This is something that I want to make sure doesn’t happen through these last few weeks leading up to labor, so Smart Water is my new bestie.
- Essential Oil Diffuser: There are plenty of these on the market, but I love mine from Young Living because it is a diffuser, air purifier, and humidifier all in one. I keep it on my nightstand and use it on a nightly basis to keep my sleep environment as ideal as possible in order to hopefully help me get some sleep. These days I’m on the hunt for anything that will help me get some rest because I am so over always feeling tired. Isn’t the sleep deprivation supposed to start after you have a newborn? (Insert eye roll here). It’s also great to promote energy throughout the day, if I diffuse citrus or peppermint.
- Cedar wood and Lavender Essential Oils: These two oils are my JAM, they have drastically improved my sleep, although I wish they solved the problem entirely. I diffuse them as I am getting ready for bed and then keep the diffuser on as I’m attempting to fall asleep.
- Belly Bandit Upsie Belly: As it’s name states, this magic little belt literally keeps your belly up. It helps take off someone the weight that your belly adds to your front. You know the feeling? Almost like someone stuck a bowling ball in your shirt. This not only supports your back, hips, and belly, it also can ease sciatic pain, minimize stretch marks, and increase circulation and blood flow. It’s like a magic little band!
I’ll be honest, I am ready for this pregnancy to be over, and to get to hold this sweet baby boy. I will take baby snuggles, newborn smell, and tiny toes over this nonsense any day!